Friday, May 11, 2012

BiGG mo-ChiNE

Betcha didn't know hay cutting was in the job description of a stay at home mAmA! Well. Me neither! It only took 8 hours to do 120 acres. Whew!
Cody must have been really desperate to let ME run this big ol' thing! Or maybe since it was our hay it didn't matter if I cut out my own design, ha! After my 5 minute schoolin' the night before, I was on my own the next day. YIKES!


I was so terrified of messing up, crashing or running over something (and I did, sKuNK is all I'm gonna say)... you name it! I couldn't have been more intimidated: with all it's fancy gadgets, blades spinning a million mph, NO BRAKES! that's right, only neutral. WTH!? The steering is like a zero turn mower (loosy goosy) so just the slightest turn of the wheel and you can be turned around in about 2 seconds!


Don't forget about my sidekicks there. Cutter & Avery love to ride the tractor. Somehow I don't think I was quite as fun as Daddy, LOL! No radio, no talking, no phone! Completely boring. womp womp. I had to concentrate tho! Geez. Obviously it was so much fun they couldn't hold their eyes open!



Yesss, it's true Miss Queen of Toms, you're seeing correctly. Took this picture just for you. Don't worry, I was not in motion!
As much as I did not want to do this, I could not tell Cody no. DUh! I'm sure I rolled my eyes or even used my best irritated tone with him when he said, "come out here so I can show you how to run the cutter". {oOoPS} but for real, it was not tooooo hard. And now, I'm so proud of myself. I keep thinking maybe I should have done something wrong, that way he doesn't have me baling next! :)

1 comment:

  1. Riding a tractor in your Toms- LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete